A Fire Safety Inspection Certificate (FSIC) is a certificate being issued by the local fire department. It is required for issuance of occupancy permit and business permit.
For example, if you have a business in Makati or your newly built building in Makati is ready for occupancy, you have to secure Fire Safety Inspection Certificate from the Makati City Fire Station before your building can be occupied or before you can open a business. For existing business wherein you already have your FSIC, you still have to secure a new FSIC for renewal of business. FSIC is valid for a year.
Requirements for Issuance of FSIC:
- Endorsement from the Building Official or Business Permit Licensing Office
- Photocopy of Building Permit and Assessment of Occupancy Permit Fee/Assessment of Business Permit Fee/BPLO Assessment/Tax Bill for Business Permit, as the case maybe
- Copy of Fire Insurance Policy (if any)
- Copy of Latest Fire Safety Inspection Certificate immediately preceding the current application (if any)
When to Apply:
Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the local office of the Bureau of Fire Protection
Local office means the municipal or city fire station.
Fee for Fire Safety Inspection Certificate:
10% of all fees charged by the Building Official or by the Local Government Unit or other government agencies concerned in granting pertinent permits or licenses
Steps in Obtaining Fire Safety Inspection Certificate:
- Secure FSIC Application Form with the list of requirements from the Customer Relations Officer of the local BFP office.
- Submit duly accomplished application form with the complete requirements to the Customer Relations Officer.
- Wait for the Release of Order of Payment.
- Pay the Fire Code Fee to Government Servicing Bank or BFP Collecting Officer.
- Present machine validated Order of Payment or Official Receipt as basis for issuance of claim stub. (From step 5 to step 6, it will take about five days because the local fire department will still conduct fire safety inspection of the building or establishment.)
- Present claim stub to the Customer Relations Officer to claim Fire Safety Inspection Certificate.